How to Get NAR's Green Designation
Courses are available nationwide:
Live Lecture / Classroom:
To get started, go to Training4RE.com and find live courses near you. You can search for courses by location, program, or course name. Courses are available around the country and are taught by our pool of certified instructors.
NAR's Green Designation is also available online through the Center for REALTOR® Development. Visit onlinelearning.realtor to purchase the courses online.
To obtain and use NAR’s Green Designation, three (2) requirements must be fulfilled:
- Complete the following courses and pass each exam with a score of 80 percent or higher; (exam requirements may vary as required by state)
- NAR Green Day 1: The Resource-Efficient Home - Retrofits, Remodels, Renovations, and New Home Construction
- NAR Green Day 2: Representing Buyers and Sellers of Resource-Efficient Home
- Maintain active and good membership status with the Green REsource Council and the National Association of REALTORS®.
Your Green REsource Council membership begins upon being conferred with NAR's Green Designation, providing you with editions of The REsource – our monthly eNewsletter. If you are an active member in NAR or an International member, your first year of membership is free. Your second year (starting one year after your membership starts) will reflect a pro-rated amount. Your third year and thereafter will require an annual renewal of $98.50 and an active membership with NAR to maintain and use the designation.
NAR's Green Designation counts as credit towards earning the following designations and certifications:
- Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR®) designation
To learn more about courses credit options in other programs, see our frequently asked questions.