Why Earn NAR's Green Designation
NAR's Green Designation is the only NAR conferred real estate designation designed for agents looking to learn about issues of energy efficiency and sustainability in the various facets of real estate. As consumer demand for knowledge on these issues increase, so will your awareness of green topics. When you earn NAR’s Green Designation, you’ll gain:
- Access to customizable, members-only benefits and marketing tools designed to help you build your business and gain a competitive edge
- A comprehensive understanding of what it means to go green and the concerns of consumers seeking green knowledge about real estate
- Valuable real estate education that differentiates your market focus and broadens your abilities in the eyes your clients, prospective clients and associates
- Enhanced ability to participate in the green real estate market
- Ongoing specialized training and exclusive designation benefits and resources that help you stay on top of green real estate issues and trends
If you're ready to be a green real estate leader in your community, get started today.
Courses are available nationwide:
Live Lecture / Classroom:
To get started, go to Training4RE.com and find live courses near you. You can search for love courses by location, program, or course name. Courses are available around the country and are taught by our pool of certified instructors.
NAR's Green Designation is also available online through the Center for REALTOR® Development. Visit OnlineLearning.REALTOR to purchase the courses online.
To obtain and use NAR’s Green Designation, three (3) requirements must be fulfilled:
- Complete the following courses and pass each exam with a score of 80 percent or higher;
- NAR Green Day 1: The Resource-Efficient Home - Retrofits, Remodels, Renovations, and New Home Construction
- NAR Green Day 2: Representing Buyers and Sellers of Resource-Efficient Home
- Submit the member application for NAR’s Green Designation with proof of completion for all course requirements and proof of your REALTOR® membership.
- Maintain active and good membership status with the Green REsource Council and the National Association of REALTORS®.
Your Green REsource Council membership begins upon being conferred with NAR's Green Designation, providing you with editions of The REsource – our monthly eNewsletter. If you are an active member in NAR or an International member, your first year of membership is free. Your second year (starting one year after your membership starts) will reflect a pro-rated amount. Your third year and thereafter will require an annual renewal of $98.50 and an active membership with NAR to maintain and use the designation.
NAR's Green Designation counts as credit towards earning the following designations and certifications:
- Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR®) designation
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) designation
To learn more about courses credit options in other programs, see our frequently asked questions.