If you're looking to buy a green home or building, use an NAR Green Designee as your resource throughout the buying process. NAR Green Designees work to serve you, not sell you. With extensive education on what makes a green home smarter, healthier, and more energy and resource efficient, an NAR Green Designee will discover what green aspects are most important to you and find you the right property.
Buying a home is probably the biggest investment you will ever make, and often the most complex. If you're looking to buy an existing home and make cost-saving green upgrades, an NAR Green Designee can help you:
- Identify green features, appliances, and materials that have the best pay-back period
- Get in contact with green industry professionals that can make it all happen, such as energy raters, contractors, lenders, and more
- Understand green mortgage options (EEMs and EIMs)
- Realize the benefits of an energy audit and work towards obtaining one
- Identify ways to improve your home’s energy efficiency and indoor air quality
- Take advantage of tax credits and incentives encouraging green improvements